You can purchase your copy NOW on Amazon by clicking here:
Available in Paperback or Kindle
Or Chapters Online by clicking here:
Available in Kobo format.
You can also Purchase A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening from these fine locations:
Best U Can B Inc
63 Martin Crossing Park NE Calgary Alberta Canada
5230 45 St. Unit 3, Lacombe Centre Mall
Lacombe, Alberta Canada
Chapters (Kobo Version)
A book by L. Neil Thrussell
After crashing his Lear Jet in the South Pacific (the result of his own arrogance), Graham begins to question who he is and what his life is about. Shortly after his rescue, he makes the bold decision to return to the deserted island to do some soul searching for thirty days… only to discover that he’s not alone! What unfolds is an exciting adventure; a compelling tale of self-discovery, transformation and awakening to spirituality. The antics of these entertaining characters will not only keep you wondering what’s next, but touch your heart with their story of unconditional love and friendship. Embrace your own Warrior’s Heart and make your Warrior Spirit grow by reading A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening!
Join Neil November 28th, 2012 for a fun filled Book Signing.
Neil’s desire to have fun in his life has pulled out all the stops and has even made his book signing a don’t want to miss event.
A new excerpt from the book will be posted here each Monday!
From the chapter entitled Day Two:
I turned again and looked back up the beach in the direction I had been walking. It appeared that the landscape took a sharp turn to the left about 50 yards in front of me. Curious, I carried on. Here, the island landscape did indeed turn left. It was such a deep bend that as soon as I had walked around it I could no longer see my home. I entered the way point and description in the GPS as ‘Dog Leg’. I continued walking along the beach entering more way points and descriptions as I went.
I was startled by the lone cry of a sea gull. The gull was lazily soaring high above me, heading in-land towards the center of the island. It was probably laughing at me for having to walk and not being able to fly. I was stunned by the realization that this was the first living creature besides the fish in the cove I had encountered so far on the island. I shuddered. I truly was alone on a deserted island.
After walking along the beach for about an hour, I could see the subtle shapes of the islands that Blaine and I walked across in the hazy distance. That was the path that led me to this island; to MY Island.
My heart started to race as I got closer to what I thought was the spot where Blaine and I camped those three long, frightening, and painful days. Was I really ready to come face to face with this again? I took a deep breath and pressed on; if I didn’t do it now I never would.
I walked for another ten minutes or so when I started to feel déjà vu. It looked so familiar, yet there was no sign of the shelter Blaine and I built. There was no sign of the latrine area; no fire pit or plastic water bottles littering the beach like I thought there would be. It was weird. The area felt so familiar, yet nothing was right. I was sure this was the correct spot, but it was like someone or something had come behind us and cleaned it up. It didn’t make sense.
As I scanned the area, I remembered our euphoric jubilation as we watched the rescue helicopter land on the beach. The crew quickly got out to confirm that we were the lost pilots they were looking for. They asked our names and gave Blaine some water. They had to insert an IV needle into me to get me rehydrated. Then we were in the air. We didn’t clean up the island and we didn’t take anything with us. We just left. We flew directly to the hospital on Majuro Atoll where we were both carefully examined by a doctor. Amazingly, we were in pretty good shape and were discharged from the hospital about five hours later.
I refocused on the mystery at hand. I was sure this was the area we were stranded in, so I began to systematically search the beach and bushes for signs of our previous occupation. I found a small piece of wrapper from the emergency food in the plane’s survival kit and a plastic water bottle partially buried in the ground. Using a stick as a shovel, I was able to establish that our latrine had existed and had been covered up. I decided that when I got back to Majuro Atoll, I needed to talk with my rescuers and thank them for coming back and cleaning up. They did an excellent job. Seeing the beach all cleaned up with no remnants of the campsite somehow started to ease the pain of my memories.
What people are saying about the book
|“Hang on to your seat! You’re in for one heck of an adventure! A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening is an Indiana Jones-style adventure that transforms you along the way. It is a wonderfully captivating journey to the edge and beyond… for the characters in the book and for YOU. This story will entertain you, have you asking questions that you haven’t asked before, and make an adventurer out of you. Your Warrior spirit will grow and your Heart will be touched deeply!”
- Satyen Raja, Trainer, Author, Chief Passion Igniter at Ignite Passion Now “A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening conveys that there is a divine plan for each one of us. The Awakening lies in the heart of every person, and their life journey illuminates the path. Open your heart to love and live your life in harmony with the world around us.”
- Svetlana Kim, Bestselling Author of White Pearl and I: A Memoir of a Political Refugee and Spokesperson for the 2011 Macy’s Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
“A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening is a book which invites you to use all your senses when you read it. In so many ways, this book is a great expression of taking time for yourself, listening to the voices within. The learning is presented in a powerful way, inviting you to be part of the day to day experiences journeying along with what could be part of the awakening process.”
Sheila Unique, Best-selling author ofQuick Shifts““What a delightful tale of self-discovery, friendship, the power of love and a journey of awakening to spirituality!”
- Marilyn Suttle, Coauthor of the bestseller Who’s Your Gladys? and creator of the Suttle ShiftThis delightful and compelling story about a man’s desire for a deeper existence is entertaining and enlightening. A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakeningshares a transformation we all long for – how to become a more conscious, heart-centered being. Through the journey, you’ll be inspired to take a different look at how you live your own life.”
- Shawne Duperon, Six-Time EMMY® Winner, ShawneTV.“LOVE this book!A wonderful adventure of survival and self-exploration, it’s a brilliant, engaging read from start to finish. You will not want to put it down.”
- Teresa de Grosbois, Word Of Mouth Marketing Expert, Bestselling Author, International Speaker, Founder of The Evolutionary Business Council”“Places for living and learning are sacred; some more so than others. When Graham interacts with Master Akio during his reflective journey on the island, every place of Akio’s unfolding story is important. The more Graham learns, the more Akio’s story enfolds into Graham. Then comes the amazing point in their friendship when Graham has a knowing; he knows how much sand becomes a sand pile, then a sand dune, without counting each grain of sand. This awareness was Master Aiko’s miraculous gift to Graham.”
- Stephen Hobbs, EdD, Master Navigator, Wellthy=Wealthy Entrepreneur Program, WELLth Learning.comYou will discover in A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening, the greatest adventure is the spiritual quest to awaken to the truth that you always have been, and always will be, loveable and loved. You will learn that it is through finding a place of stillness within and letting go of how you think things should be, or should have been, that you can truly open to love and discover the extraordinary in the everyday ordinary tasks of living.”
-Jacqueline Bignell, Executive Producer, The Difference MovieThis book is a story that I truly enjoyed reading. I loved the deeper message that continually built as building blocks for the foundation of true spiritual awakening: the bigger our heart, the greater our understanding and greater our capacity to touch another person’s life.
A Warrior’s Heart: The Awakening certainly has touched a place in my heart, reaffirming the greatest gifts in our life come from connection to our Source and not our pain. A must read!”
- Nancy Battye, Speaker, Writer, Radio Show & Interview Host, Life Coach
Help Neil make his dream of becoming a Best-selling Author come true!!
Yes, YOU can play a role in making Neil’s dream a reality. Two things you can do:
2. Tell others about the book and encourage them to purchase their copy on May 23, 2012. If we can achieve sufficient sales on that one day, he will have published a Best-seller!
It’s rewarding and fullfilling to support someone in this way. And we’ve made it easy for you! Here are some suggested facebook messages and tweets that can help spread awareness about this fantastic book: (or have fun writing your own!)